cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien_P
Product Team
Product Team

UPDATED POST (June 14th, 2023) - Diagrams are out of Preview and now generally available.

Hi everyone!

Lansweeper is pleased to introduce a significant enhancement to our IT Asset Management platform that will give you a fresh perspective on visualizing your IT estate. Today, I’m excited to announce our new diagramming capabilities to our esteemed customers and partners. Now in general availability, Diagrams is designed to offer a new angle and enhanced visualization options for your inventory.

At Lansweeper, we recognize the importance of gaining a comprehensive understanding of your IT assets, and we understand that interpreting the complexities of your IT infrastructure can be challenging. That's why we have developed a robust set of diagramming tools and templates that will allow you to explore your IT estate from a fresh perspective, enabling data-driven decisions and improved technology management.

An experience shaped by your feedback

But first, I would like to take a moment to express our sincere appreciation to the remarkable individuals who have played a vital role in shaping our product over the past months. I am referring to our dedicated testers and Community users, whose invaluable feedback has been instrumental in our journey of continuous improvement.

During the Beta and Preview phase, we had the privilege of receiving insightful feedback from you. We actively listened to your experiences, learned from your suggestions, and eagerly incorporated your insights into our development process. Your dedication and commitment have been truly exceptional.

Thanks to this valuable contribution, we are proud to announce the launch not only of the features previewed last January, but also of a set of enhanced tools that will enable our users to go even further. These diagramming capabilities will hopefully enable you to explore and understand your IT estate more easily and deeply. So thank you all!

Visualize your IT assets with network/virtual topologies

In addition to lists, reports, and dashboards, the diagramming and mapping capabilities in Lansweeper Sites enhance your experience of understanding the state of your inventory and allow you to discover the relations between your assets with dynamically generated diagrams.

Network topologies

See at a glance the different elements of your network and their relationships. Network topologies focus on the components of your computer or telecommunications network, including firewalls, devices, and routers.

diagrams-network-topology.png

Virtual environments

Navigate through the virtual resources available in your inventory, such as hypervisors and virtual machines, reorganized into logical groupings (data centers, clusters, etc.) to help you understand your virtual estate.

diagrams-virtual-environment.png

Of course, relations!

Let Lansweeper help you understand the connections between your assets with different types of automatically discovered relationships (SNMP, WMI) and those you’ve created manually in your inventory. Get valuable insights on your relationships to better understand the configurations applied to your network.

diagrams-relations.png

A set of features to discover

• With the integrated search, find your assets by their Name, IP address, MAC address, or Asset Type
  • Define the diagram you want using filters, by Asset types, IP address (IP locations, IP range), or State
  • Look at your assets from different angles with preconfigured layouts (Star, Tree)
  • Get an overview of your Orphan assets, for which no relationship has been detected
  • Create relations without leaving your diagram
  • Export your diagram in JPG, PNG or SVG
  • Get insights from your assets (details, issues, running status) and relations (speed, relation type, information port)
  • Explore usability capabilities such as expanding/collapsing groups and personalization
  • And a few more that we let you discover by yourself 😎

Where to start?

It's time for us to share these new capabilities with you. We hope these diagrams will give you a new perspective on your inventory. Check out our new Diagrams section in the Knowledge Base to learn how to master your new tools.

Please note that the diagrams are based on your inventory synched in Lansweeper Sites. Ensure that your installations are properly configured and synchronized so that your diagrams show up-to-date data. Additionally, the necessary SNMP credentials must be added to your installation to facilitate the discovery of relationships between your assets.

Finally, we're all ears! Your feedback is valuable, and we'd love to hear it. Feel free to share in the comments 👀.

Julien Pierrot
Product Manager | Lansweeper
42 REPLIES 42
spencerwaller22
Engaged Sweeper II

HI,  I have just span up Cloud and i click on Diagrams and it shows my Scanning server but all the diagrams just say there are no assets on this diagram. How is it meant to work ?  Do i need to enable something ?

MichaelKirstNes
Engaged Sweeper

Hallo,
Is this feature working "out of the box" in new Installations? Or do I need a "manual" activation?
Also, I have a current subscription with cloudockit. Is there an option to save my current login / license?
Thanks
Michael

Hi @MichaelKirstNes,

There is no manual activation. From your Lansweeper Cloud web console, go to the Diagrams section so you can view your diagrams. Note that your diagrams are generated automatically, based on the Installations you have configured.
As for your question about Cloudockit, can you be more specific about your expectations?
Thanks!

Julien Pierrot
Jeffh
Engaged Sweeper

Is there currently a way to automatically map relationships for network equipment? Lansweeper can see the connections as uplinks but the diagram doesn't show the relationship unless I manually map them.

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Any chance in the final version to save layouts that we configure?

Hi @rader,

Could you share more about the layouts you are mentioning? Does it concern the positioning of your assets? The filters you apply? Something else? We have received some comments that come close to this and are considering adding such features in the future. Feel free to share more with us, thanks!

Julien Pierrot
rader
Champion Sweeper III

Hi @Julien_P ,

Pretty much all of the above. It's handy to have layouts that only encompass specific groups, buildings, or whatever you need grouped, and have that readily available on request. Having to filter and reposition all the assets is a huge time waster that could be solved by having the ability to save our different layout needs.

Thanks for asking and considering our needs. Keep up the good work.

Randy

Hi Randy (@rader)

I'm glad you appreciate our work. It motivates us to offer you even more!

We recognize that manipulating the objects in a diagram to make it easier to read can be time consuming. Our goal is to reduce these actions as much as possible to give you more time to enjoy and analyze your data. The save and export options are one of the strategies identified to support this goal.

We will soon be collecting extensive feedback from a panel of motivated testers on the diagram export/save options (in the form of an interview call). Let me know by private message if you want to be part of it.

Julien Pierrot

That´s another issue I realized here.

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Another thing is the ability to select multiple items at once with a click and drag box. Then the moves would be more efficient. Moving individual items tied to one device is a hassle.