cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
How can I create a report that will link to another report?

What I am looking for is a count of all software installed like Microsoft Office (I have that part done), and have the name of the software link to a list of all the computers that have that software installed.

Here is my query (it shows the counts just fine, but no links).

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, Count(Distinct tblComputers.Computername) As number From tblComputers Left Join tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Microsoft Office%' Group By tblSoftware.softwareName Order By tblSoftware.softwareName

Thanks.
Eric
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to add "Version" and it will automatically hotlink.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MCanning
Engaged Sweeper
Very Nice, Thank you!
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
someone requested this so... here is my report query for Office Versions with links.

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, Count(Distinct tblComputers.Computername) As number, tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version From tblComputers Left Join tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Microsoft Office%' Group By tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion Order By tblSoftware.softwareName

Let me know if anyone has improvements.

Eric
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you, that worked perfectly. Is there a section in the documentation or forums with information on how some of the reporting works? For example, by simply adding the "Version" in a report it will automatically link, etc.
thanks again for the help!
Eric
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ejensen wrote:
Is there a section in the documentation or forums with information on how some of the reporting works?

Please refer to page 29 of our online documentation for more info on creating custom reports. Our online documentation can be found here.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to add "Version" and it will automatically hotlink.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now