cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

Hi all,

I thought this could be something interesting to share, although it's not a real out of the box solution... 😁

Of course, we're a big fan of Esben's monthly Patch Tuesday reports. But sometimes, critical (eg. industrial) systems can't be patched that easily. In that case, it's interesting to know what patch level these systems currently have.

You can look up all installed KB's manually, and try to locate the last installed security hotfix. But why would you do that, if you can automate it 🙂

To make a long story short, we developed a powershell script that grabs the hotfix information from Microsoft's RSS Feed. The resulting CSV file, we import in a user defined newly created Lansweeper table (on your own risk!). Lastly we wrote a report that shows us the 'patch tuesday date' of the last installed security hotfix. See my example below:

Hendrik_VE_0-1669903430373.png

All scripts can be found in attached zip file.

PS: Don't forget to backup your DB before doing any DB changes 😉

3 REPLIES 3
rom
Champion Sweeper II

I might* be able to take this and do it without making a database table -  I'll have to ask a guru.  Thanks for sharing this Hendrick!

rom
Champion Sweeper II

dangit i misspelled your name -  Hendrik - sorry

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing @Hendrik_VE 

A word of warning though, a Lansweeper database with custom database tables is not covered by our terms of use. While the technical support team will always try to assist our customers, we might not be able to assist when using a customized database, as this can very easily break your Lansweeper installation.