cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II

I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but how do I set the scan interval for network switches?   It looks like it's only scanning every month or two (no real consistency I can find), and I'd like to scan them daily.  

3 REPLIES 3
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @pryan67 

Scan timing is configured in the scan target. But, realize that the timing is configured per scan target. For example, if the switch is included in the IP scan, any changes will also impact all the other devices in that range. SO, if you want to have a separate configuration for a single switch, I'd recommend creating an IP scan target with that single IP of the switch. 

The exact steps will vary depending on whether you are using the Lansweeper classic (on-prem) or Lansweeper sites in the cloud. 

Hope this helps.

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II

We have LS on prem, but I'm aware of how to configure the scan for IP ranges, but the items WITHIN that scan range (i.e. under "scanning", then "scanned time interval") is what I'm looking for.  

pryan67_0-1676990165669.png

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Most of the scan items that you are showing on your screenshot are for Windows assets only, and some are for Linux/Unix assets. There are currently no scan items for network devices.