cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dteague
Engaged Sweeper III
We have been using LanSweeper for several years, and I just had a request from one of our techs to have all locations assigned to her be easy to see at a glance.

I could write her a report based on those locations, but figure once I do it for 1, I will have to write it for others, and the thing is, it changes every time they hire/fire someone.

I thought about creating a tag, but that would be a manual process every time a PC was added, and since some laptops move between locations, they are only her responsibility when they are in that location.

We already use IP Range location function, and while it did not sound fun to duplicate that table for each tech, I was going to do it, but it gives an error that the range is already defined when I duplicate one with a new location name.

Just wondered if anyone was already doing this, and had a suggestion.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can probably use the new functionality in 5.1 to create new relation types first if necessary and then keep track of the computers by creating relations between assets and users or between assets and locations. Both can be reported on creating a custom report.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can probably use the new functionality in 5.1 to create new relation types first if necessary and then keep track of the computers by creating relations between assets and users or between assets and locations. Both can be reported on creating a custom report.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now