→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgiljum
Engaged Sweeper III
I've been using Spiceworks for ages and I like the ability for it to grab configs from Cisco devices, and tell me what port a device is connected to on managed switches. Does Lansweeper have this functionality?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When Lansweeper scans a switch, the model, serial, description and network interfaces are retrieved. For the network interfaces quite a lot of information is retrieved, including the MACs of connected assets. If these connected assets have also been scanned they will be listed on the switch asset pages next to the port they're connected to. Switch config isn't retrieved though currently.

If you're interested in a 30 day trial for unlimited assets you can contact our sales department (https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-sales/), they'll be happy to provide a trial, which will allow you to test out switch scanning.

For more information on the network device scanning requirements you can check out this knowledgebase article. A how-to-guide can be found here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When Lansweeper scans a switch, the model, serial, description and network interfaces are retrieved. For the network interfaces quite a lot of information is retrieved, including the MACs of connected assets. If these connected assets have also been scanned they will be listed on the switch asset pages next to the port they're connected to. Switch config isn't retrieved though currently.

If you're interested in a 30 day trial for unlimited assets you can contact our sales department (https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-sales/), they'll be happy to provide a trial, which will allow you to test out switch scanning.

For more information on the network device scanning requirements you can check out this knowledgebase article. A how-to-guide can be found here.