cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_256
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I ran a custom report that searched for machines running the MSSQLSERVER service as I'm trying to find which machines are running SQL server. This reported that 16 devices were found. Before I go any further I'm running LanSweeper v5

Certain that this was far too many, I looked at these machines individually and the software that was installed on them. These were my results:

1 x machine MS SQL Server 2000
1 x machine MS SQL Server 2005 (express)
3 x machines MS SQL Server 2005
3 x machines MS SQL Server 2005 (64-bit)
7 x machines MS SQL Server Desktop Engine
1 x machine MS SQL Server 2008 (64-bit)

What I need LanSweeper to do is run a report that shows the above for reporting purposes. I cannot just search for "SQL Server" as the report shows any administration tools for SQL and I do not want to confuse these with machines actually running as a SQL Server.

If I haven't made myself clear, please let me know. Hopefully there's a simple resolution to this and it's just me being ignorant!

Many thanks,
Aaron :).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a default report: "Software: All SQL server editions"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you see SQL information on the asset page of this server?
Aaron_256
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

Thank you for the response, however when using this report it has missed one of our three primary SQL servers within the business. If I look in the individual machine report of the missing server, it does clearly show the SQL licence for it. We're a little uneasy to use the report knowing it's missed a primary SQL Server. Is there something that needs to be modified slightly maybe?

Many thanks,
Aaron.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a default report: "Software: All SQL server editions"