cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
We are installing the LSPush client on all of our Windows machines, and setting it so that they scan on each logon. Because of this, we don't need the server to run scans ever right? If so, under scanning methods, Assettype Exclusions if I add Windows CE, it should not start a scan on any Windows machines right?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
IP range scanning and Scheduled computer scanning are both working with weekly schedules. You can certainly turn them off. LsPush scans will always work, even if you deactivated all other scanning methods. You only need to ensure that LsPush scan result get transferred to your Lansweeper server (either through the service port or by placing scan result files into your Lansweeper Service import folder).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
IP range scanning and Scheduled computer scanning are both working with weekly schedules. You can certainly turn them off. LsPush scans will always work, even if you deactivated all other scanning methods. You only need to ensure that LsPush scan result get transferred to your Lansweeper server (either through the service port or by placing scan result files into your Lansweeper Service import folder).
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
What I meant was, automatic timed scans. Obviously I want them scanned, but the client will trigger that when a user logs in.

I just want to stop LS from running periodic scans.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is not fully correct. Assettype Exclusions won't prevent Lansweeper from scanning. The reason: In order to know which type an asset has, Lansweeper first needs to scan the asset. The asset just won't be added to your database or if already existing it won't get updated if the asset type was excluded.

If you have Active scanning or Scheduled computer scanning enabled, you need to change your OU filters or disable these scanning methods. If you are using IP range scanning, you need to reduce your IP ranges or add IP address scan exclusions.