cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norrin0693
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not very good with SQL queries, but surely this can be done. I need a report that will list assets with the same IP addresses. We are having tons of duplicate assets after changing small details.

For example, when I enable SNMP and rescan the device, Lansweeper does not remove the old entry. It will end up with two entries of the same device (one with SNMP and one without) and I have to manually delete the old one. Having a report will prevent me from manually looking for these.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
norrin0693 wrote:
For example, when I enable SNMP and rescan the device, Lansweeper does not remove the old entry. It will end up with two entries of the same device (one with SNMP and one without) and I have to manually delete the old one.

This will happen if a MAC address was not previously detected for the device. When available, the MAC address is used as the unique device identifier. If no MAC address can be found, the IP address is used.

norrin0693 wrote:
I'm not very good with SQL queries, but surely this can be done. I need a report that will list assets with the same IP addresses.

Which Lansweeper version are you using? 4.2 or 5.0?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
norrin0693 wrote:
For example, when I enable SNMP and rescan the device, Lansweeper does not remove the old entry. It will end up with two entries of the same device (one with SNMP and one without) and I have to manually delete the old one. Having a report will prevent me from manually looking for these.

We made improvements to this in version 5.0.0.52
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
norrin0693 wrote:
For example, when I enable SNMP and rescan the device, Lansweeper does not remove the old entry. It will end up with two entries of the same device (one with SNMP and one without) and I have to manually delete the old one.

This will happen if a MAC address was not previously detected for the device. When available, the MAC address is used as the unique device identifier. If no MAC address can be found, the IP address is used.

norrin0693 wrote:
I'm not very good with SQL queries, but surely this can be done. I need a report that will list assets with the same IP addresses.

Lansweeper wrote:

I'm using version 5.0