cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Good morning,

I have recently purchased LS and i'm trying to create my first deployment package for our company, with little success. Perhaps someone can assist me?

Information that may prove useful:

I have attached the deployment package I created if anyone can take a look.
*Edit* It seems i can't attach the xml. Is there another way to do this?

Much appreciate
Simon
7 REPLIES 7
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Good news. I got to the bottom of it. Our network security was set in such a way to prevent individual computers having shared files/folders. I have made the package share folder on one of our mapped network drives and it now works.

Thanks for all the help
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Ah yes. It does look that way.

I'd recommend going over the deployment requirements and checking those: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/107/deployment-requirements.html

MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you very much for testing. I have also been emailing the support line and we think there is a problem accessing the defaultpackageshare folder; possibly due to our network security as managed by the server provider. This was the connection test report
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I tested the package on my local test HyperV and it did install the software successfully. I did however notice that the package failed on step 2, which is copying the license file.

You will have to modify the following:
  • Create a separate folder in your package share called Enscape and put your license key file in it.
  • Modify the copy command to point to the folder, not the file

For example:
    Xcopy "{packageshare}\Installers\Enscape" %ProgramData%\Enscape /I /A /R /Y /S
With the previous command it got confused if it was copying to file to file or file to folder and asked for confirmation. This cause the package to time out.
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the reply. I have now attached the package as I created it. I'm going to attempt to alter it as per your instructions and see what happens.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You should be able to attach the file if you zip it first.

As for the package, I would recommend trying the following:
  1. Optionally a condition check which checks if the software is already installed. (You can check if the uninstall string is in the registry)
  2. Installer step with the .exe file. Based on the links you gave, use the following parameters:
    • /S
    • /AllUsers (Installing user specific software might not be scanned by Lansweeper if the users for which the software is installed is not logged in.)
    The other parameters are optional.

Afterwards you can copy the license key file to your machines with a Command step using the following command:
    Xcopy "{packageshare}\YourFolder\Yourfile.txt" %ProgramData%\Enscape /I /A /R /Y

Run the deployment package with the System Account run mode.
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
You should be able to attach the file if you zip it first.

As for the package, I would recommend trying the following:
  1. Optionally a condition check which checks if the software is already installed. (You can check if the uninstall string is in the registry)
  2. Installer step with the .exe file. Based on the links you gave, use the following parameters:
    • /S
    • /AllUsers (Installing user specific software might not be scanned by Lansweeper if the users for which the software is installed is not logged in.)
    The other parameters are optional.

Afterwards you can copy the license key file to your machines with a Command step using the following command:
    Xcopy "{packageshare}\YourFolder\Yourfile.txt" %ProgramData%\Enscape /I /A /R /Y

Run the deployment package with the System Account run mode.

So I have tried as you suggested and don't seem to be getting any outcome still. I've attached the new version based on your suggestions. I have a test machine connected that i'm deploying it to as a test case.