cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronatkinson
Engaged Sweeper
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping somebody has experienced this issue before or a similiar one so I can get some ideas on how to resolve the on-going issue i am experiencing.

A couple months ago we had to retire an SQL server & we moved the database for lansweeper since, at certain points in the day we get an error "servicedesk(servicedesk@******) ! Scanserver down.

Usually it does it around 1pm, now it does it in the morning at 1pm and sometimes intermittently in between.

Cheers for anyhelp in advance.
1 REPLY 1
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
aaronatkinson wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping somebody has experienced this issue before or a similiar one so I can get some ideas on how to resolve the on-going issue i am experiencing.

A couple months ago we had to retire an SQL server & we moved the database for lansweeper since, at certain points in the day we get an error "servicedesk(servicedesk@******) ! Scanserver down.

Usually it does it around 1pm, now it does it in the morning at 1pm and sometimes intermittently in between.

Cheers for anyhelp in advance.

I see it after restarts and it is the lansweeper scanning service not running. you can see it in services.msc on that system. I have a powershell scheduled task that runs every hour and checks the status of that service then starts it if not running.