cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snierveze
Engaged Sweeper

Hello

I have added a vcenter asset and setup scanning. Therefore the ESX hosts managed by this vcenter have been discovered successfully. But , among the 3 hosts, 2 become inactive after a certain time. If I mark them active manually, they become visible in various reports and asset types categories, but some days after, they become inactive again. I can confirm that they can be scanned (ESXi configuration and VM  guests are properly displayed), but it's quite annoying that they become inactive. 

Is there a way to keep all ESXi assets discovered through Vcenter scanning as active assets ? 

thank you

current version : LS on premises , 1 single scanner running 11.1.4.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
snierveze
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

I did not find the cause why the ESX hosts become inactive, but at least, I could disable the asset change, but clicking in the box "not affected by cleanup options" on each ESXi (it's possible to do it in mass update). So my problem is solved , assets are scanned as active and remain in this state.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
snierveze
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

I did not find the cause why the ESX hosts become inactive, but at least, I could disable the asset change, but clicking in the box "not affected by cleanup options" on each ESXi (it's possible to do it in mass update). So my problem is solved , assets are scanned as active and remain in this state.

Is Esxi joined to AD? 

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

I scan only esxi and exclude vcenter because scan of vcenter resets scanning results every time. 

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

You have to update lansweeper to latest version, rescan asset and if problem will exist then create support case. 

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now