cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juggyluggs
Engaged Sweeper
Hello All,

I've got Lansweeper scanning multiple servers across my several domains, but it doesn't pull all the events out of event log - is there a reason for this? Or any setting that will pull all data?

My Event viewer is only showing me Event Type 2 and 4 on some of my servers and rarely pulling in any other data.

I essentially want it to pull all logs for all my servers, what can i check to ensure that i've not missed anything?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To keep the Lansweeper database as small as possible, only error events are scanned by default. You can enable additional event types for scanning by following the instructions in this knowledge base article, but be aware that this can significantly increase the size of your database.

Keep in mind as well that only events from the Windows Logs section of the Event Viewer are currently scanned. Entries found under Applications & Services Logs cannot currently be scanned for instance. This feature is on our customer wish list, though we do not have a release date for it at this time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To keep the Lansweeper database as small as possible, only error events are scanned by default. You can enable additional event types for scanning by following the instructions in this knowledge base article, but be aware that this can significantly increase the size of your database.

Keep in mind as well that only events from the Windows Logs section of the Event Viewer are currently scanned. Entries found under Applications & Services Logs cannot currently be scanned for instance. This feature is on our customer wish list, though we do not have a release date for it at this time.