→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abustraan
Engaged Sweeper III
Started a Revit Model of a clients office. Took floor plans assigned room tags, built a schedule started populating the room schedule with items like current user, network jack, switch port, phone port, VLAN assignment, and I thought if there was a way to link to the Lansweeper Database I could then pull the data and reference that in my model.

However, when I try and link to the database I get this error:

Connection failed:
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 10061
[Microsoft}{SQL Native Client 10.0] TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Connection failed:
SQLState: 'HYT00'
SQL Server Error:0
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Login timeout expired

I noticed on the system that hosts Lansweeper there is a USER DSN and it works. I tried to replicate that and it does not.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You could try setting up the SQL instance hosting your Lansweeper database per this article. The settings in the article allow you to set up a scanning server on a different machine from your Lansweeper server, which also requires an external database connection.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You could try setting up the SQL instance hosting your Lansweeper database per this article. The settings in the article allow you to set up a scanning server on a different machine from your Lansweeper server, which also requires an external database connection.