cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrius
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to set up freeware version, to test it out, but lansweeper can't find any computers on the network. I have checked the manual, but I still was not able to configure it. Do you have any articles or manuals on how to set up freeware version? I spend quite a lot of time trying to set up it to find and scan computers, but still nothing...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your installation is in freeware mode (you can see this under Configuration\Your License), Lansweeper won't perform any scans except the one triggered by LsClient. You can find instructions on how to use LsClient in this KB article. You can always request a Trial Version on this page. A trial allows you to use all scanning methods, both agentless and agent-based.

For more details on how to scan Windows computers, please refer to this article. For remote scans you need to ensure that
  • your scanning credentials are correctly set up under Configuration\Scanning credentials
  • ports required for scanning are open between your Lansweeper server and scanned computers (details on which ports Lansweeper uses can be found here)
  • other requirements mentioned in this article are fulfilled on network computers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If your installation is in freeware mode (you can see this under Configuration\Your License), Lansweeper won't perform any scans except the one triggered by LsClient. You can find instructions on how to use LsClient in this KB article. You can always request a Trial Version on this page. A trial allows you to use all scanning methods, both agentless and agent-based.

For more details on how to scan Windows computers, please refer to this article. For remote scans you need to ensure that
  • your scanning credentials are correctly set up under Configuration\Scanning credentials
  • ports required for scanning are open between your Lansweeper server and scanned computers (details on which ports Lansweeper uses can be found here)
  • other requirements mentioned in this article are fulfilled on network computers