cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixschueler
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any change to deploy a *.exe software instead a *.msi file?
There is a manual / config file for an old Firefox version but this doesn´t work.
I also like to deploy AcrobatReader and other SOftware without any support of a msi file.

I also want to know if it´s possible to add a user role to a static asset group?
I want to give that special user only access to objects which are in that sepcific group.

Thanks in advance,

Felix

10 REPLIES 10
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
felixschueler wrote:
Is there any change to deploy a *.exe software instead a *.msi file?
There is a manual / config file for an old Firefox version but this doesn´t work.
I also like to deploy AcrobatReader and other SOftware without any support of a msi file.

I also want to know if it´s possible to add a user role to a static asset group?
I want to give that special user only access to objects which are in that sepcific group.

Thanks in advance,

Felix

Why not the MSI file, its so much easier. You can still deploy via exe but you need to know the command line to deploy the software silently, and this can differ depending on (a) if the install actually allows it and (b) the type of installer as they all have different command line switches. Normally using MSI's is better with a decent msi editor to create transform files I use InstEd.