cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshwinters
Engaged Sweeper II
Looking for improvement to the dynamic group filter.

Use case: Want to show computers that have a certain version of Adobe Reader / Flash / Java installed. I can do this, but I show triples of each computer when I add the software filter for each (see screenshot).

LANSweeper
3 REPLIES 3
llucatino
Engaged Sweeper II

I would love to see the addition of the "and/or" statement to Dynamic Groups as well that would make finding things so much easier.  Yes you can create a custom report to do that but you don't have the same functionality as with the Dynamic Group creation.  For example, you can't chose from a dropdown on a field that contains a list from the report editor. You have to find and enter in the exact description of what you want to filter by.  Is there any talk of enhancing the Dynamic Groups in the future?

joshwinters
Engaged Sweeper II
I can indeed create a custom report but I am no SQL engineer by any means. I thought the dynamic groups were a brilliant addition and could be improved by maybe a "and/or" statement so I don't have to spend hours trying to figure out a report. Just something that I thought would add value to your product!
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
For complex filters and groups we recommend creating a custom report.
A dynamic group is just a simplification of the queries used in a custom report.