cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_blater
Engaged Sweeper

I've been diligently following the document https://www.lansweeper.com/blog/pro-tips/deploying-lsagent-with-intune/ to get the agent installed on our Windows machines via Intune. When installing via Intune I just get the generic error message 0x8007001 which is totally useless. As a test I copied the exe file I used to create the intunewin file to a local machine and installed it using the exact install commands used for install in the Intune Win32 app configuration. It worked just fine doing it that way. This is a classic install and we are not using the cloud.

I have contacted Lansweeper support and they just pushed me off to Microsoft for support saying that it was their problem because it installed just fine manually.  I have not been impressed with Lansweeper support to say the least.

I contacted MS and have been working with them to no avail currently. They've had me change the detection rule from C:\%ProgramFiles(x86)%\LansweeperAgent to C:\Program Files (x86)\LansweeperAgent which did nothing. They've also asked me to recreate the Win32 App and use User instead of System as the install behavior which did nothing also.

So, I'm pretty stuck. I'm hoping someone on the forums here has seen this and found a fix. I've searching all over the web for a solution and no solution has been found.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brian_blater
Engaged Sweeper

I know it is lame to answer your own question, but I can at least mention what I think was the solution.

I tried several different app installs of the LsAgent and continued to get the failed error. After trying again I manually typed everything in per the webpage above's instructions and it worked. So all I can guess is that in the copy process of the commands some hidden format code or corruption was introduced. That is the only thing I can figure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brian_blater
Engaged Sweeper

I know it is lame to answer your own question, but I can at least mention what I think was the solution.

I tried several different app installs of the LsAgent and continued to get the failed error. After trying again I manually typed everything in per the webpage above's instructions and it worked. So all I can guess is that in the copy process of the commands some hidden format code or corruption was introduced. That is the only thing I can figure.

Not lame at all @brian_blater ! Thank you so much for sharing your solution, this will likely be very useful for others facing similar issues with LS Agent installation via Intune, enjoy the weekend when it comes.