cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
The last two times I have upgraded my scan server to the latest build the Lansweeper Server service has been slow to stop which causes the install to complain about a file being in use. Its not a big deal, if I kill the LansweeperService.exe process manually or wait for it to eventually stop then click retry the upgrade completes just fine. Today the locked file was C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\GemBox.Spreadsheet.dll, I don't recall if it was different last time or not.

Thought I would pass it along, it feels like the timeout from the installer runs out before the service actually stops.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Slow Lansweeper service or web console performance may be related to the database which is full. It might be helpful to truncate logs and shrink the database in your case. You can find instructions on how to do that in this article.

Note: If you are scanning more than 1000 assets, you'll need your database to run on SQL server Express or higher edition.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Slow Lansweeper service or web console performance may be related to the database which is full. It might be helpful to truncate logs and shrink the database in your case. You can find instructions on how to do that in this article.

Note: If you are scanning more than 1000 assets, you'll need your database to run on SQL server Express or higher edition.