cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alulux
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
we have about 80 clients in our production facility which are running an application from a network share.
In case we need to update this application, the process must be terminated on all machines.

I have created a taskkill-package to so. However, i need an option to prevent some funny guys from restarting the application before the update files have been copied.

1.) Is there a known commmand to lock input (keyboard / mouse / touchscreen) on the target machines to prevent user interaction?

2.) I´m deploying the package on a report with machines running the process, so I can avoid timeouts during the deployment in case some clients are offline. However, when deploying the package on e.g. 70 machines, it takes far to long for all clients to execute, because all clients are "Performing preliminary checks". Whats does this mean and how can i speed this up?

1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Alulux wrote:

1.) Is there a known commmand to lock input (keyboard / mouse / touchscreen) on the target machines to prevent user interaction?

I found this form authotkey which seems to block all user imputs. However, this would require you to install and use a autohotkey script. https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/BlockInput.htm

Alulux wrote:

2.) I´m deploying the package on a report with machines running the process, so I can avoid timeouts during the deployment in case some clients are offline. However, when deploying the package on e.g. 70 machines, it takes far to long for all clients to execute, because all clients are "Performing preliminary checks". Whats does this mean and how can i speed this up?

The preliminary checks mean that the asset is either waiting for a deployment thread to be assigned to it or a deployment thread is currently copying and creating the components for the deployment to start. If you want to speed up this process you can increase the amount of deployment threads which you can find in Configuration\Server Options.

Do note that this will increase amount of resources Lansweeper uses on the machine and that remote connections are limited based on the Windows version (Windows Ultimate versions are limited to 20, Windows servers can go higher).