cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTedrow
Engaged Sweeper II
I think a feature to map credentials to a certain asset type would be a great benefit to many people. If I have an SSH device at multiple locations / subnets that use the same credentials I currently have to map the credential to each individual IP.

It'd be nice to be able to say All Asset Types of Remote Access Controller use the same credentials rather than have 100+ mappings.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This couldn't be reliably implemented to be honest. The problem is that you often don't know what a device's asset type is until you access it with a valid scanning credential.

If you're rescanning a device that's already in the database, you could link the device being scanned to an existing asset based on MAC address and get the asset type that way, but even this would only work for devices in the same subnet. If the device is another subnet, you would have to log into it with a valid credential to retrieve the MAC addresses.

I assume you know this, but you can map SSH credentials to IP ranges as well, not just individual IP addresses. (You indicate that you have multiple subnets though.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This couldn't be reliably implemented to be honest. The problem is that you often don't know what a device's asset type is until you access it with a valid scanning credential.

If you're rescanning a device that's already in the database, you could link the device being scanned to an existing asset based on MAC address and get the asset type that way, but even this would only work for devices in the same subnet. If the device is another subnet, you would have to log into it with a valid credential to retrieve the MAC addresses.

I assume you know this, but you can map SSH credentials to IP ranges as well, not just individual IP addresses. (You indicate that you have multiple subnets though.)