cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
LsPush.exe or LsClient.exe can be used to initiate a scan from the client. When I tested them, I found that they both return 0...always. Even if the computer is completely offline and there is no hope of contacting the lansweeper server, they will return 0.

It would be helpful if they could be updated to only return 0 on success. That way a script running them would know if the operation succeeded or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Currently whenever the executable successfully starts, indeed a 0 (success) will be returned. If I understood you correctly you'd like to see a non-0 feedback when a direct server connection failed for LsPush.

I've added this feature to our internal feature tracker so we can investigate implementing it in a future Lansweeper release, at this moment in time though we cannot guarantee that it will be added and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
Still hoping this will make it into a future release soon. I think it would be pretty easy to implement.
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
I think the optimal solution would be to only return 0 when success has been confirmed and return something else if any error occurs. I'm sure there are other errors that can occur besides not being able to connect.

I've written lots of code like this myself in the past. If using an if-else construct, then I'll typically set the return value to a specific error code at each step and finally set it to 0 at the end. If using exception handling, then I'll have the exception handlers set the appropriate return value.

Thanks for adding it to the internal tracker.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Currently whenever the executable successfully starts, indeed a 0 (success) will be returned. If I understood you correctly you'd like to see a non-0 feedback when a direct server connection failed for LsPush.

I've added this feature to our internal feature tracker so we can investigate implementing it in a future Lansweeper release, at this moment in time though we cannot guarantee that it will be added and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now