cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Elliott
Engaged Sweeper II
I just learned that LS now supports multiple scanning servers to roll-up into a single database.

Can those scanning servers also deploy packages? And if so, is there any type of replication process or would I just need to use robocopy or whatever file copy process for the installers and export/import installers from the master?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you did this, you will be able to provide one package share location for each IP location. You don't necessarily need to have multiple scanning servers in order to use multiple packages shares. Package shares can be set up under Deployment\Security options. There is no functionality to automatically synchronize different packages shares. Robocopy scripts may be a good alternative.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
David_Elliott
Engaged Sweeper II
I see it now. Duhhh. Thanks.
David_Elliott
Engaged Sweeper II
Daniel B- is the multiple package share an option in the latest version? I'm on 5242 and don't see that ability.

PeterG and vonderau- thanks for your suggestions.
David_Elliott wrote:
Daniel B- is the multiple package share an option in the latest version? I'm on 5242 and don't see that ability.

You need to have defined multiple IP locations under Configuration\Asset groups, section IP Address Range locations in order to be able to define multiple package shares. In any case, the layout of the web console was changed a bit in version 5.3, so you can now directly define the package share when adding IP locations.

vonderau
Engaged Sweeper II
Another option to keep the shares up to date would be DFS.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
or just setup 1 package share server with enough bandwidth and load balancing to handle all the deployment and have each Lansweeper Server to use dedicated server to host deployments.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you did this, you will be able to provide one package share location for each IP location. You don't necessarily need to have multiple scanning servers in order to use multiple packages shares. Package shares can be set up under Deployment\Security options. There is no functionality to automatically synchronize different packages shares. Robocopy scripts may be a good alternative.