cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilfriedB
Engaged Sweeper
We have created an MSP-file to uninstall older Office versions and to install Office 2016 in silent mode.

When we give the following command in a CMD-window on a pc it works correctly
\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"
(with <our server> filled in)

but when we use it in a Lansweeper deployment installer it doesn't.
{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

{PackageShare} is valid. We have already made other working deployments.

The following error is given:
Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (<our server admin>). ShareCredential: (lansweeper).
Command: "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP""

What can be the problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WilfriedB
Engaged Sweeper
TheITGuy, thanks for your solution.

I made the mistake to put the setup.exe with its parameters in the 'Install File' field.
Now I have put the parameters in the "Parameters" field and it works (with the msp file).

Install File: {PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe

Parameters: /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

Result Command: "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe" /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

So the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
devinw0985
Engaged Sweeper
Okay I changed as suggested and it stops and gives me the following error.

Result: Deployment ended: No returncode. Package was stuck at step #1. There is no 'Next' step available at the end of the package. Please adjust accordingly.

I am fairly new to lansweeper deployments and not sure where to go from here.
devinw0985
Engaged Sweeper
I am attempting to create an installer package to deploy Office 2016 to around 900 computers. I am having trouble with the deployment. It will almost always timeout. Below is what I have set for the install and the parameters.

Install file - {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\setup.exe

Parameters - /standard.ww\config.xml

I have also tried it this way:

Install File - "{PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\setup.exe"

Parameters - {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\****_std_full.MSP

**** = My organization name

Any help would be greatly appreciated
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
Devin W. wrote:
I am attempting to create an installer package to deploy Office 2016 to around 900 computers. I am having trouble with the deployment. It will almost always timeout. Below is what I have set for the install and the parameters.

Install file - {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\setup.exe

Parameters - /standard.ww\config.xml

I have also tried it this way:

Parameters - {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\****_std_full.MSP

**** = My organization name

Any help would be greatly appreciated

looks like you missing this in the beginning of the parameters. according to wilfriedb /adminfile before your parameters location.

Parameters - /adminfile {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\****_std_full.MSP

and watch your " quotes"
WilfriedB
Engaged Sweeper
TheITGuy, thanks for your solution.

I made the mistake to put the setup.exe with its parameters in the 'Install File' field.
Now I have put the parameters in the "Parameters" field and it works (with the msp file).

Install File: {PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe

Parameters: /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

Result Command: "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe" /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

So the problem is solved.
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
Do you see the double "" at the end of your error?

don't put any quotes around your parameters.

I don't use an msp file, I use the config.xml file, mine looks like this:

Install file- {PackageShare}\Installers\Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus x64\setup.exe

Parameters- /config proplus.ww\config.xml

under result command it shows as this:

"{PackageShare}\Installers\Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus x64\setup.exe" /config proplus.ww\config.xml