cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi,

I’ve been working on improving the Patch Tuesday reports we send out every month.

Every so often (including this month) Microsoft released out-of-band updates. Since the report is historically created shortly after patch Tuesday, these out-of-band updates are not included and will cause the report to indicate that machines with this patch applied are still out of date.

To resolve this, I’ve created a new version of the February Patch Tuesday. This version does not just look at specific patches, but rather whether you have those patches or newer ones, installed.
While this still isn’t perfect, I believe it is as close as we can get with a report.

To check if it works correctly, please give it a try and vote on the poll below. Thanks!

V2 with new poll posted below

Did the report return accurate results?
  • Yes
  • No (please detail in a reply)

0 voters

14 REPLIES 14
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

V4 of the new template has been confirmed by Peter.

After some troubleshooting, old relics of weird patch numbers were causing issues. Starting in March, we’ll use this new template for Patch Tuesday so that out-of-band updates will no longer cause incorrect results.

Additionally, I’ve added a column Uptime Since Last Reboot to provide additional context.

PatchTuesdayNewV5.txt (9.7 KB)

ckurth
Engaged Sweeper

This is great! The original February report was showing that my W10 machines that are on v1909 were not getting the CU but my 2004 workstations were. This resolved that issue and now reflects which ones still need to be updated. Thank you!

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Quick update,

I did a quick fix to prevent unwanted characters from screwing up the conversion.

PatchTuesdayNewV4.txt (9.7 KB)

Does V2 run well?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

V2 updated to V4

Peter1
Engaged Sweeper

Hi Esben,

in our Lansweeper environment with more then 46.000 Assets I get an error running the report:

Error converting data type nvarchar to bigint.

The current standard report runs ok.

Kind regards,
Peter

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for trying, I’ll send you a PM to check what is causing the issue. There must be a Patch number in your installation thats causing the issue.