cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart153
Engaged Sweeper
Hello Lansweeper,

I currently have Lansweeper installed on a Win7 PC that also hosts SQL Express 2012.

I am looking at moving it to a server and the database on to our SQL cluster.

I'm looking for some "recommended server specifications" for optimum performance. We initally only had a small team using Lansweeper, so the Win7 PC sufficed. We've now managed to get a lot more of our colleagues 'on-board', so we need to look at improving the infrastructure that it is installed on.

Looking at the Lansweeper documentation, it lists the recommended operating systems - are you also able to specify what recommended RAM (4GB, 8GB?) and processor (Dual/Quad core?) I should be looking at?

I need to submit a business case for this and need to spec up the hardware accordingly.

Thanks

Stuart153
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Processor & memory
We do not have specific processor or memory requirements. Lansweeper should run on any hardware purchased in the last 5 years. If all Lansweeper components (database, service, website) are present on one machine, the more processors, the more memory and the faster your disks, the better. Having multiple processors will speed up scanning a lot. Memory has less of an impact.

Disk space
For 1,000 client computers, we expect a final database size of 1GB-5GB, depending on how much information you plan on scanning and how much history you plan on keeping. Devices such as printers and routers take up very little database space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stuart153
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for getting back to me.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Processor & memory
We do not have specific processor or memory requirements. Lansweeper should run on any hardware purchased in the last 5 years. If all Lansweeper components (database, service, website) are present on one machine, the more processors, the more memory and the faster your disks, the better. Having multiple processors will speed up scanning a lot. Memory has less of an impact.

Disk space
For 1,000 client computers, we expect a final database size of 1GB-5GB, depending on how much information you plan on scanning and how much history you plan on keeping. Devices such as printers and routers take up very little database space.