cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianMcNulty
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi there,

I have added:

"Remote Access Machines" and "Virtual Machines" from the drop down list in Scanning Exclusions but they are still showing after an asset scan.

Any ideas on why the exclusion is not kicking in?

Kind Regards,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
BrianMcNulty
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi there Tim and rhunter,

Thanks for your reply.

The Asset Type in quest is a Remote Access Machine which is an iLO that I don't want listed as an asset.

@ Tim, I've just checked the "Scan Tab" for a Remote Access Controller, and indeed it is telling me it is excluded from scanning!  So it is working.

I guess leading on, how do I prevent these excluded assets from reports and the "All Assets" interface which I use a lot.

I'm new to Lansweeper and am struggling to find a way to completed block / delete / hide an asset from the system completely.

Appreciate you help with this.

Kind Regards,

Brian

Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hey Brian. 

First thing you may want to consider; look at the discovered assets you want to exclude -- make note of the Asset Type. That will be the "type" that you want to exclude. But, realize, if it's "Windows", you'll also exclude ALL Widows devices. 

Something else to consider, opening the asset, there's a "Scan" tab that lists the way(s) the asset has been discovered, scanned, or attempted to be scanned. That might help you know how and which discovery method the asset is being discovered through. 

Hope this helps with some pointers as to what to look for. 

Tim

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
rhunter
Engaged Sweeper II

This might be a silly question but when the assets get re-added, what asset type are they being added as? All of my virtual machines were added as Windows asset type so in that case an exclusion wouldn't be applicable.