cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joey_Elam
Engaged Sweeper II
We have recently installed and set up Lansweeper. We have it set to scan AD, and it grabs all the info from AD, OUs, users, etc.

What seems to be missing is computers that are in AD that haven't been online since Lansweeper was turned on.

For Example, in AD, we have
Site1
-laptop 1
-laptop 2
-laptop 3
-laptop 4

But, laptops 2 and 3 haven't been turned on yet, so in LS, in the AD section, it shows
Site1
-laptop 1
-laptop 4

I'd like to show show laptops 2 and 3 as offline, not yet scanned, since they are IN AD but have no info yet....

Any help on this one?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to submit your domain for Scheduled Computer Scanning under Configuration/Scanning Methods. Scheduled Computer Scanning pulls all (enabled) computer objects from the Active Directory paths specified by you. Active Scanning however, which is what you are likely using right now, only scans machines as they report to a domain controller. More info on Active Scanning and Scheduled Computer Scanning can be found here and here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joey_Elam
Engaged Sweeper II
Perfect, thanks! Works like a champ. I new there had to be some way to do it! I had the user scan set up, but not the computer scan there. thank you thank you!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to submit your domain for Scheduled Computer Scanning under Configuration/Scanning Methods. Scheduled Computer Scanning pulls all (enabled) computer objects from the Active Directory paths specified by you. Active Scanning however, which is what you are likely using right now, only scans machines as they report to a domain controller. More info on Active Scanning and Scheduled Computer Scanning can be found here and here.