cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abarker5
Engaged Sweeper II
I have recently deployed Lansweeper in my organization and people are loving it. However, several people have asked if it can show the VLAN information for all ports on a switch, not just the active ports. This would be very helpful because some people need to know the VLAN assigned to an empty port before they plug something in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I seem to have missed this topic before, but I still wanted to comment. Lansweeper should already scan the VLAN details of all ports, including the ones that aren't active. That's what I'm seeing for our own switches. If there's no VLAN data for certain ports, the data likely isn't stored in SNMP on the switch, which is not something we can resolve.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I seem to have missed this topic before, but I still wanted to comment. Lansweeper should already scan the VLAN details of all ports, including the ones that aren't active. That's what I'm seeing for our own switches. If there's no VLAN data for certain ports, the data likely isn't stored in SNMP on the switch, which is not something we can resolve.