cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfunk
Engaged Sweeper
I have a printer that I would like to edit. When I try to save changes I get This Mac address already exists. If I do a search for the mac address I get 2 results. The second result is the printer. The first result when I click on it I get a Webserver error. Invalid AssetID detected. How do I fix the problem and remove the bad entry for the mac address?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Ordinarily it should not be possible for 2 non-Windows assets to share a MAC address. You could try deleting the asset in question by going to the Assets tab and filtering for said asset if possible, afterwards check the box in front of it and click the Delete Asset button in the left-hand pane.

If you cannot delete the asset in question, could you send us an email regarding this issue with the following information?:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • A screenshot of your search results, mouse over the asset generating the web error so we can see the link.
  • Any information you have on this asset throwing the web error.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Ordinarily it should not be possible for 2 non-Windows assets to share a MAC address. You could try deleting the asset in question by going to the Assets tab and filtering for said asset if possible, afterwards check the box in front of it and click the Delete Asset button in the left-hand pane.

If you cannot delete the asset in question, could you send us an email regarding this issue with the following information?:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • A screenshot of your search results, mouse over the asset generating the web error so we can see the link.
  • Any information you have on this asset throwing the web error.