cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etailz
Engaged Sweeper II
I can seem to figure out how to get a program uninstalled using the deployment tool. I am trying to uninstall spark. It has a uninstall.exe and switch to make is silent. Only catch is it has to be a elevated command prompt. Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Did you already try to uninstall it manually?
My current workflow for creating new packages (uninstall OR install) is:
  1. Manually run the installer/uninstaller on a testing-device and check what it does (regshot, folder-monitoring aso.)
  2. Run the executable from the command line with the silent parameter and check again what THIS does (should do the same changes as without parameter, but sometimes it's not)
  3. create the package and try it on the testing device

Your problem could either be that the silent-switch is not actually working, or maybe your deployment-credentials don't have the required permission.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Did you already try to uninstall it manually?
My current workflow for creating new packages (uninstall OR install) is:
  1. Manually run the installer/uninstaller on a testing-device and check what it does (regshot, folder-monitoring aso.)
  2. Run the executable from the command line with the silent parameter and check again what THIS does (should do the same changes as without parameter, but sometimes it's not)
  3. create the package and try it on the testing device

Your problem could either be that the silent-switch is not actually working, or maybe your deployment-credentials don't have the required permission.