cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Hi!

I was wondering if there was a wild card variable that would allow me to search for assets using our existing naming scheme. Currently we name computers like this: ASSETNUMBER-PLANT#DEPARTMENT (Example: 1423-P1ENG)

So If I wanted to do mass changes in LS for all computers with the department designation ENG what would I need to type into the search bar to find those machines?

Thanks,
Ed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can list these assets by opening Assets and entering "ENG" (without quotes) into the filter in the Name column.

Afterwards verify that only the computers you are interested in are displayed (if necessary, add filters in other columns as well). Then select all and hit Mass change in order to change one or more values on all of them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Thanks!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can list these assets by opening Assets and entering "ENG" (without quotes) into the filter in the Name column.

Afterwards verify that only the computers you are interested in are displayed (if necessary, add filters in other columns as well). Then select all and hit Mass change in order to change one or more values on all of them.