cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
The vast majority of our servers are HP with iLo. It would be nice if there was a way to have a link to the iLo interface on the asset page for the server itself. I thought about using a custom field for it but that would depend on the users to keep up to date which is not always reliable. I put a generic http://127.0.0.1 value in one which sort of accomplishes that but and it wasn't click able.

That is assuming there is a way to associate a discovered iLo port with the server is is physically installed it. LS already finds them via IP scans but they become generic assets not tied to any particular server. If that isn't possible maybe have the ability to add a custom link on an asset page or allow custom fields to be formatted as hyperlinks.

Another way to do it I suppose would be via Asset Relations. We use static IP's for iLo so once they are in the system that could be done manually as well. It would be cool if it was automated somehow.
6 REPLIES 6
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
I might be crazy, but if you can scan iDrac or iLo with snmp, and it gets the serial number, it adds the relationship on the main server asset - 'Connected To' and the other asset is the iDrac card. That's what it appears to do for me, at any rate. Under comments for the relationship, it says '(SNMP) Serial=ABCDEFG' and I know I wouldn't have put comments in like that (I have done some manual relationships when it doesn't detect it properly... but I think LS put that in there, not me)

So I clicked the iDrac, and it has the relationship as well to the server.

Yes, I'm sure of it now. I see one now in Frankfurt, Germany that I scanned, and I *know* I didn't manually add an iDrac on this one...

So yeah. If you properly scan the management card, it should add the relation.

You can modify or filter the report 'Assets: Asset to asset relations' for 'connected to' as the relationship, and then you can see what's what.

I must admit though, making custom reports using relational mapping is quite tricky and messy in making new reports... because, it's relational...

ANDDDD, if it correctly gets the MAC address, and you have the switch it's on scanned with SNMP properly, it will give you the switch and port the iDrac is on. I'm looking at one now and verified.

I hope that answers the questions properly?
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
The same please for Dell Server and iDRAC (equivalent to iLo).
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
stiwa wrote:
The same please for Dell Server and iDRAC (equivalent to iLo).

+1 for this. Also, if a switch is a managed switch, how about a link to it's management page?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
General support for HP iLo devices is present in Lansweeper. You should be able to scan the HP iLo device with HTTP and SNMP. However, for the most accurate information we do recommend you use SNMP scanning.

The ability to have a link to the iLo interface and automatically linking iLo assets to the server they are connected to are on our customer wish list. I've also made sure this topic is linked to the feature request to add weight to the request.
robertkruk
Engaged Sweeper
Any update to HP iLO support?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Technut27 wrote:
It would be nice if there was a way to have a link to the iLo interface on the asset page for the server itself.

This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it.

Technut27 wrote:
If that isn't possible maybe have the ability to add a custom link on an asset page or allow custom fields to be formatted as hyperlinks.

If you are running the latest Lansweeper release (5.1), you can already set the custom field type to hyperlink under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. We would personally recommend using asset relations to track the asset links, not custom fields.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now