cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujitha_L_M
Engaged Sweeper II

Dear Concern,

In our organization many workstations are having unapproved software's and its highly a typical task to uninstall the softwares in each and every system. So, is there any Automated tool which can uninstall the unapproved softwares as soon as if the machines comes into our network.

Kindly expecting the suggestions from all the users.

ThanQ
6 REPLIES 6
jkrato
Engaged Sweeper
Couldn't it be set up to uninstall "Unapproved Software" only? I know that in my organization when I mark something as unapproved I know for a fact I do not want it on my network. Such as limewire, asktoolbar, youtube video downloader, ect.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jkrato wrote:
Couldn't it be set up to uninstall "Unapproved Software" only?

There is still a risk of accidental deletions. There is currently no built-in functionality for performing mass uninstallations. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Personally I would be a afraid to let anything automatically uninstall an application. Configuration enforcement reports could be useful but I think keeping up with new versions of software would be a challenge unless the environment is truly isolated and locked down.

Only speaking for myself but if something as simple as a new version of java or flash was released today, I don't mark it approved, and it was automatically uninstalled that could be a huge problem.

Sujitha_L_M
Engaged Sweeper II

Is there any such possibility of auto uninstallations of softwares in Coming versions of Lansweeper(5.0).
Sujitha L M wrote:
Is there any such possibility of auto uninstallations of softwares in Coming versions of Lansweeper(5.0).

No, this feature is not available in Lansweeper 5.0 either. We do not currently have a release date for this feature.

Technut27 wrote:

Personally I would be a afraid to let anything automatically uninstall an application.

This is one of the reasons this hasn't been implemented yet. We want to avoid accidental uninstallations.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is currently no built-in functionality for this. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.