→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dayron
Engaged Sweeper III
Since email notification and scheduled scanning is part of the premium version then I suppose this feature request will relate to that version only.

I would love to see Lansweeper incorporate a client heartbeat monitoring system.
I am not a devleoper so what seems easy may not be. I understand that, but since all the components are already available in lansweeper (system scanning, email notifications) it seems this could be incorporated.

This monitor would allow an admin to select a list of clients that have already been discovered to be "monitored for heartbeat".

From there one would be able to set the heartbeat interval.

During each interval lansweeper would scan each client specified for the minimal amount of data required for a successful client scan (just to get the server to report back to lansweeper).

If the scan failes then it is logged in the lansweeper DB and an email alert is sent through the lansweeper email engine that is already in place for emailing reports and event logs.

You would be able to set the frequency of email notifications (immediate or at intervals you define).

I know these things are always easier said then done, but it seems all the major pieces are already present in lansweeper (email notification, scheduled scanning), they just need to be tied together.

Is this unrealistic request?

1 REPLY 1
pjbate
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi dayron, yeah that would be nice as an additional feature. If you need something straight away I use Check Host from www.ab-tools.com. The install wizard is a bit annoying e.g. asks you to install all this additional stuff that you don't need (toolbars, searches etc.) but once all that is unticked its quite a good freebie.

I push a heartbeat to 200 devices using the product. I'm on Windows 7 64bit too and no problems so far. I just check every 5 minutes or so for critical systems.

Hope this helps you too.

Peter

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now