cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanvree
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey guys,

Been using Lansweeper for a couple weeks now and I love it!

Using it with my homelab, so not too complicated, and I am a bit of a "noob" when it comes to LS specifically, but not to monitoring.

So my question is:

How do I get CURRENT network activity (I'm mostly concerned with WAN Bandwidth) data into LanSweeper?

I have a Windows-Based server that I'm already monitring (which is also where the local LS install is hosted via IIS), and I also have my DDWRT router that is reporting to LS as well.

What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks, appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately it's currently not possible in Lansweeper to monitor network traffic or bandwidth usage. The max connection speed of switch ports is retrieved out of SNMP where possible, but the current usage is currently not retrievable. This is a feature that is on our customer wishlist but isn't in active development yet. At this moment in time we don't have an estimated release date available for this feature. We've moved this topic to our wishlist section in this context.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Since this feature isn't yet in active development, I'd have to lean on the longer side on this one, but I really can't specify any more than that.
seanvree
Engaged Sweeper II
Bruce.B wrote:
Since this feature isn't yet in active development, I'd have to lean on the longer side on this one, but I really can't specify any more than that.

Got it.

Thanks.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately it's currently not possible in Lansweeper to monitor network traffic or bandwidth usage. The max connection speed of switch ports is retrieved out of SNMP where possible, but the current usage is currently not retrievable. This is a feature that is on our customer wishlist but isn't in active development yet. At this moment in time we don't have an estimated release date available for this feature. We've moved this topic to our wishlist section in this context.
seanvree
Engaged Sweeper II
Bruce.B wrote:

@bruce.b

thanks for the response.

That's too bad. I love your product.

I know you hate to quote "timeframes", but I really need this feature, so I'm wondering if I need to look into another solution.

Are we talking weeks - months? Longer?