cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
I work into a big organization and I need to partialize data display.
In other words, I need that some users could see only a small data subset, based on different OU; for example:
- user A can display only data from OU=10
- user B can display only data from OU=20
- user C can display only data from OU=30
- and so on ...

All this data is part of the same db and there is only one IIS server.

Is this possible?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll move this to the wish list section of the forum. This feature has been requested by other customers as well though, so this is a request development is definitely aware of. We just don't have an estimated release date for it yet.

Implementing this will require careful planning, as it's not just a matter of hiding the assets on certain console pages. We would have to restrict access in the report builder as well for instance, which is not as straightforward.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Absolutely in favour of this idea; please consider this possible feature for future versions.

Thanks
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
This would be a nice wishlist item. In my environment we only scan computers, because while scanning servers and switches would be nice, we don't want all the information that lansweeper collects on these devices to be available to everyone in our department.

-Kris
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
This would only work with complete installations (web+db+scan)
paprita
Champion Sweeper
You mean complete installations (web + DB + scan service) or just the web site (mantaining the same DB and the same scan service)?
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
I'm sorry but this is currently not possible.
This is only possible if you setup different installations for each site.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
No one can help? ...