cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I needed to restart a service on a computer today. I went into Lansweeper > Computer > Config > Windows > Services and was looking for the name of the service and noticed only the display name is listed. Can you add the actual service name to this as well? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Hey keys_it--thanks for this! I had thought about adding a PowerShell action but just never got around to it. I might just go this route for now.
keys_it
Engaged Sweeper III
I know this is not using Lansweeper directly but you can utilize PowerShell to your advantage if you are on Domain and Firewall is not an issue on your internal network but you can use the following commands in a PowerShell console:

To find running services -
Get-Service -ComputerName <remote computer name> | sort Status

To restart the service remotely -
Get-Service -ComputerName <remote computer name> -Name <service name column from results> | Restart-Service

To make accessing PowerShell easier for my guys, I have added a custom action to open PowerShell from the Asset Pages (see attachement). You can do this by going to Asset Pages under Configuration and adding the following action:

Description: Open PowerShell
Action: Powershell.exe
Icon: <choose one>
Sortorder: <chose one>

Hope this helps.

jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
The report doesn't work for me. When a user calls in, I usually just search for their computer and remote in from there. I like being able to see everything from that page. Having to generate a report would be a little tedious. Thanks though.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The service name is not currently being displayed on the web console, but you can get it by creating a report. The following report lists details about services.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblServicesUni.Caption As Service,
tblServicesUni.Name,
tblServicesUni.Startname,
tblServices.Started,
tblServiceStartMode.StartMode,
tblServicesUni.Pathname
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblServices On tblAssets.AssetID = tblServices.AssetID
Inner Join tblServicesUni On tblServicesUni.ServiceuniqueID =
tblServices.ServiceuniqueID
Left Join tblServiceStartMode On tblServiceStartMode.StartID =
tblServices.StartID And tblServiceStartMode.StartID = tblServices.StartID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName,
Service

We might add the service name to the web console later.