cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
university
Engaged Sweeper
How can I filter the scanned software for "real" software and other patches or drivers?
Is there a way to create packages for different drivers or patches?
9 REPLIES 9
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Guys,

Please review this post and perhaps a field or two could be added to this idea to easily achieve what you want.

http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst3549_Software-Management-tab-in-Lansweeper-Configuration-U...

Pierre
LairsonS
Engaged Sweeper
university wrote:
How can I filter the scanned software for "real" software and other patches or drivers?
Is there a way to create packages for different drivers or patches?

This feature would be very helpful for our deployment of lansweeper as well. We want to identify applications that are supported or unsupported, what is a driver, a patch, a sub component of another application and we were also hoping to catagorize the applications as they relate to a function so we can begin to consolidate applications that are not necessary such as desktop publishing, media player, etc.

I look forward to this making into an update. We are currently creating an odbc connection to the lansweeper database and adding this data into a secondary database using our enterprise reporting tools.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
What exactly is not working? your webpage?
Could it be a time-out because of the many results?
university
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks no I understand, but why it is not working?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The unauthorized software report shows all software on all machines.
1000 machines * 10 software titles = 10000 lines
university
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, I was hoping that this feature still exist like the custom fields for a scanned item:-(

Another problem occured.
We would like to run the unauthorized software report. The number displayed is 41008. (versus All installed software 1448). After starting the report the system was completely broken down and I had to restart them.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll add it to the wishlist.
university
Engaged Sweeper
We have scanned 500 computers in our network. We found over 2000 different entries like different Adobe Software but also Logitech or HP drivers or Sw patches. Now we are doing the approved sw list and also the license mgt. We would like to add a customized column to identify what is a freeware, what a driver, what a patch.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please give some more explanation of what exactly you want to do.