cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcA
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
We've been using lansweeper for a couple of years now. The addition of the license tracking is great, however we have a few areas where this doesnt really work for us and wondered if anyone had any ideas how to get around it.

Windows 2016 is sold per twin cpu cores, but lansweeper seems to track per instance?
VM licensing around Hyper-v and guests. How can the guests of 2 to 1 ratio be excluded on standard edition, and how can enterprise editions include all the guests per hosts?
Vmware server, doesnt appear to really be included as an "OS" which strictly it isnt, but how in the licensing manager can you then tie Enterprise licensing to these? for example we have 4x Vmware hosts with enterprise Windows 2016 licenses tied, and the gusts run Standard edition. We now have over subscribed numbers of Standard edition as lansweeper doesnt know the difference.

Interested to see how people are getting around these limitations and if any plans for future releases will address this?

at the minute im exporting to spreadsheets and manually adjusting numbers of those i know but this is quite teadious task!
4 REPLIES 4
MarcA
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there any planned dates for this yet? Its months down the line and all i can do is count what versions of windows i have against Purchased numbers 😞

we could almost do with a "tick box" per asset that stops it being counted towards the license compliance report. At least that way we can manually exclude Hyper-V or VMware guests from using up license counts if they are covered by a Datacentre licensed host, or just the 2 free guest rights per server licenses.
MarcA
Engaged Sweeper II
thanks Bruce, good to know its in planning for the future.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Currently no distinction is made between OS licenses installed on a physical or on a virtual machine. This is already an item for our planned license compliance rework. We don't have an estimated release date for this rework yet though.
Yoginath
Engaged Sweeper
We are also facing same issue with VM license tracking..
any help really appreciated ..