cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auldyins
Engaged Sweeper

Hi folks, 

I am new to Lansweeper and interested in deploying in our company environment. We have about 400 assets, mixture of laptops and desktops.

I decided to have a play around with the 14-day trial to see if it suits our needs. I have set up a scan of our network and missing some key information for example the warranty expired dates. I can see that the assets have completed their scans reporting lots of useful data but not Warranty dates???? That's not a showstopper but would be much more helpful to have.

I have checked in scanned item interval section and can confirm that Warranty is not checked. However, it's grayed out and not possible to check.

Can some please confirm if this merely a limitation of the 14-day trial? I also noticed in my screenshot it states the trial has expired and will revert back to freeware mode in 10 days. I only installed on Monday 19th Feb 2024 so don't know if this warning is just misleading because i am in trial mode.

I have attached a screenshot highlighting the grayed-out section.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Auldyins 

This is not a limitation of the 14-day trial. Lansweeper's warranty scanning feature should be available during the trial period. The grayed-out section for warranty scanning in the 'Scanned Item Interval' section suggests that there may be a configuration issue. 

Check if Warranty scanning is enabled under the Configuration > Server Options > Warranty tracking.

For more information regarding Warranty scanning, you can refer to our KB article.

Warranty check for Dell, Fujitsu, IBM, Lenovo and Toshiba (lansweeper.com)