cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinydan
Engaged Sweeper
I think it'd be very handy to have a table or view that creates some consistency between the softwareUni and Serialnumber tables. I'm using lansweeper in another application to query whether or not a specific key is used while also allowing the logging of other software we own (also gained from lansweeper through the SoftwareUni table).

I think it'd just be very helpful to have some form of reference between the SoftID and the SerialID.Right now I'm trying to build it through the software table, problem is each unique instance of software is returning every licensed piece of software that relates to the Asset associated with the install. I'm looking at a query returning 47231 rows trying to thing how I can possibly make it into a distinct list of just titles and product names.

Anyone doe this before? is this a view that I can implement?

Cheers, Dan
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There really is no way to link software installations and software serial numbers, as many software publishers use one product name in Add/Remove Programs for the software installation and another in the client machine's registry for the serial number. Matching software installations and serial numbers would be guesswork at best.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now