cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engenium
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys
I'm trying to create a report that tells me whether a Windows 7 client has been activated or not.

I'm sure it is very simple but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
The easiest way I know to do it is use the Microsoft Volume Activation Management Tool 2.0. Its a freebie download and you can import all of your computers from AD and add your product keys to it. Then you can scan all of them for activation status or you can scan machines individually. If you find one with an product that has not been activated you can activate it remotely, install new keys, etc... all from your desk.

To use it you need to be a local admin on the machines or have a domain admin account to use in VAMT and if the Windows firewall is on you might need to add exceptions to pass the WMI traffic. I created a batch file that does that and use psexec to run it remotely if I get stuck.

My next step is to setup a KMS server. With KMS you don't have to worry about activations at all. With that clients auto activate locally and the only machine that has to talk to Microsoft's activation server is the KMS host.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have added this feature to our customer wish list.
Lansweeper wrote:

How about this year?
Cristian wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

How about this year?

is the feature added or is in the customer wish list?

if YES then is it in the 7.0.151.4 release?

if YES then how can we track the windows Activation using the lansweeper.

Thanks and regards,
Rishabh

MikeCC
Engaged Sweeper II
As far as I can tell this is not possible with Lansweeper. You can scan the SoftwareLicensingProduct WMI class to get the information. Perhaps this will be supported in the future.

In mean time, I have used this PowerShell script example to gather activation statuses of our machines.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5675.determine-windows-activation-status-...