cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Hello Lansweeper community,

Is it possible to scan for a Windows event log entry in one of the non-standard logs? By non-standard I mean not in Application, Security, Setup, System, Forwarded Events. One under Applications and Services Logs.

For example on my deployment servers I am trying to find a way to report how many images are being deployed and which ones they are. Event 4131 is logged in Microsoft-Windows-Deployment-Services-Diagnostics/Operational and so far I haven't come up with a way to collect that info without manually filtering it all the time. MS deprecated the email trigger for events in 2012 R2 and it wouldn't do what I want anyway, I need the contents of the event, not just a notification that it occurred.

Thanks ahead of time!
2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Scanning events from the Applications & Services Logs is not currently possible unfortunately. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. Lansweeper only queries the Windows Logs for now.
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. We have an application that writes to a non-standard event log file and there's are some entries we'd like to capture as well.