→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
Just wondering if this is a possibility to make the scan more efficient

We users that move around and to cut down on WAN traffic when they are at another site, it would be nice if when a pc is being scanned and there was a local scan server in the same subnet it would use that server instead of it's home server.

Something like ping the device, if the IP is in a subnet that is designated on a scan server it would use the local scan server on site, if none of the servers were designated
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you hit the Rescan button, the client machine is rescanned by whichever scanning server scanned it previously. There is no way to change this behavior.
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
Is there a way to set this up in the scanning server options that I am missing?
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
I do have the enterprise license and multi scanning servers in my setup.

If I am at one of my other sites and I pull my computer and ask it to rescan, it will always rescan it from the scan server it was originally found on instead of the local scan server in the site where the PC is at that time.

I tested this by finding my computer on the web interface and then clicked the rescan option in the Asset Options. I then pulled up the scanning queue for the orignal scan server and watched it get added to the queue for the original scan server designated in the scan server field.

Just trying to see if there is any way to make scanning more efficient.

Thanks
Marty

BTW: this has become the technician front end for supporting our users in our company and has saved a great deal of time for everyone. Great work.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Multi scanning server setups are supported by the Enterprise and Support Company licenses. Each scanning server can be configured separately under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.