cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisParr1
Engaged Sweeper III

Is scanning and discovery of scheduled tasks running on Windows Servers and Clients on the road map?

It'd be really useful to have the results of Get-ScheduledTask or similar available and searchable within Lansweeper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Hi  @ChrisParr1 ,
I certainly understand the added value of seeing all scheduled tasks on your assets.

This hasn't been added to the road map (yet) however.

In terms of custom discovery, we are however considering adding a remote script capability for you to include read/select commands from your assets and store them as custom data to even do reporting on this raw captured output.

Meanwhile you could get started by adding the custom registry key "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\" using https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/scan-registry-values-with-custom-registry-... to validate if specific scheduled tasks exist on an asset.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisParr1
Engaged Sweeper III

Thanks for the response. Having looked at that registry area, custom registry key scanning would be too narrow for what I'm looking for. 

I'll keep an eye on your announcements for anything about the scripting capabilities. That could be the solution, especially if it will work with just the local agent and not need additional permissions.

Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Hi  @ChrisParr1 ,
I certainly understand the added value of seeing all scheduled tasks on your assets.

This hasn't been added to the road map (yet) however.

In terms of custom discovery, we are however considering adding a remote script capability for you to include read/select commands from your assets and store them as custom data to even do reporting on this raw captured output.

Meanwhile you could get started by adding the custom registry key "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\" using https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/scan-registry-values-with-custom-registry-... to validate if specific scheduled tasks exist on an asset.