→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apineda
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Everyone,

I've just upgraded to version 3.5, and the first thing I'm trying to do is to scan some specific values on the registry.

I've added the following lines on the "registry scanned keys" option in the management console:

RegPath=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Pacific SA Standard Time, value=TZI
RegPath = SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Pacific SA Standard Time\Dynamic DST, value=2008
RegPath = SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Pacific SA Standard Time\Dynamic DST, value=2009
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Pacific SA Standard Time\Dynamic DST, value=LastEntry

The problem is that I only see some value for the last key, the others 3 just reports null values, so it seems that is not a problem with the scanning process itself.

As far as I see, the only difference between the registry values, is that the "LastEntry" is a REG_DWORD type, and the others 3 are REG_BINARY.

What can be wrong?

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
tellis
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to scan:
RegPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
RegValue=ProxyEnable

It is a DWORD and its actual value is "1" but it is showing up in the DB as "0".
Do I need to scan a differant way to get a DWORD??
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
tellis wrote:
I am trying to scan:
RegPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
RegValue=ProxyEnable

It is a DWORD and its actual value is "1" but it is showing up in the DB as "0".
Do I need to scan a differant way to get a DWORD??

What you are doing is correct but the "current user" is the one performing the scan, not the one you want.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Since these values are binary it's impossible to decode them.
Some could be just text strings, just could be specific binary code to use in software.
Engaged Sweeper III
I second this - please add it to the wishlist!
apineda
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the reply !!

Another case of RTM 🙂

Please add it to the wishlist.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
REG_BINARY values cannot be scanned (which was also the case in 3.2)