→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be great to have a place to type in the current version, or have a site that Lansweeper goes to findout what the most current version of said software. Then report back who has the most currently up to date software.

For Example:

Adobe Flash
Adobe Reader
Java
iTunes
and so on...

I know some people have created som reports to help. a place to go get an idea of what I'm talking about is browserscan.rapid7.com. I'm sure if enough thought went into this something could be integrated into lansweeper to capitalize off all this great information.
2 REPLIES 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Advanced software management features are planned for a future release, but we do not yet have a release date for this. We plan on classifying software, storing the latest software version numbers etc.
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Another example, Oracle posts a version number on their website http://java.com/applet/JreCurrentVersion2.txt

So if we could run some process that would basically update this in a compliance report somehow then we would be golden. I'm checking if Adobe does something similar.