cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok, I tried to figure this out but I'm not sure if its hard to do this or I'm just having Friday burnout.

I setup our lansweeper to scan the registry for a key called "AutoConfigURL" which is what we use for our proxy configuration.

What I would like is a report of all computers and show me the value of this key.

There is a slight catch though... that registry key does not always exist (if user deleted it for example).

So I need something like this:

computer key value
office1 yes blahblah
office2 yes blahblah
office3 yes NULL
office4 no NULL
office5 yes blahblah
office6 yes NULL

Can anyone help me with this report?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ejensen wrote:
thanks, but that really didnt help.
I need a report of all users and if the registry key does not exists and if it does exists, then what that value is.

Please have a look at the example report below.

- All computers are listed in this report.
- Only those where the specified registry key could be found have an entry for the "Regkey" field.
- Only those where a value was found for the specified registry key have an entry for the "Value" field.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Username, scndtbl.Regkey, scndtbl.Valuename, scndtbl.Value From tblComputers Left Join (Select tblRegistry.Regkey, tblRegistry.Valuename, tblRegistry.Value, tblRegistry.Computername From tblRegistry Where tblRegistry.Regkey = 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer' And tblRegistry.Valuename = 'Version') scndtbl On tblComputers.Computername = scndtbl.Computername Order By tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Computer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
I think you got it. 😄 Thank you!
ejensen
Engaged Sweeper III
I need a report of all users and if the registry key does not exists and if it does exists, then what that value is.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ejensen wrote:

Please have a look at the example report below.

- All computers are listed in this report.
- Only those where the specified registry key could be found have an entry for the "Regkey" field.
- Only those where a value was found for the specified registry key have an entry for the "Value" field.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Username, scndtbl.Regkey, scndtbl.Valuename, scndtbl.Value From tblComputers Left Join (Select tblRegistry.Regkey, tblRegistry.Valuename, tblRegistry.Value, tblRegistry.Computername From tblRegistry Where tblRegistry.Regkey = 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer' And tblRegistry.Valuename = 'Version') scndtbl On tblComputers.Computername = scndtbl.Computername Order By tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Computer
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

An example registry report can be found in our Knowledge Base. If you create a report following this format, computers where the registry key could not be found will not be included in the report results.