cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
globeop
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

we need to change the default report settings, at present whenever I select software search, hardware search I am getting default format as shown in the figure.

We want to get replace Description field to Username so that we dont need to click on computers who is logged with username.

can anyone help me with this will be great help?

9 REPLIES 9
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
I found it, thnx..
I was connected to another DB (SQLLANSWEEPER), i had to be connected with another database (PC-MPO,i didnt know that i installed it there)
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper

I've searched for it but i can't find it.
I don't know if i'm looking at the right place.
Is this the right location ?

Edit: i use MS SQL server management studio

i.kulgu wrote:
I've searched for it but i can't find it.
I don't know if i'm looking at the right place.
Is this the right location ?

Edit: i use MS SQL server management studio

That's because you're looking at the "master" database...you have to connect to the server hosting the lansweeper database and look under that one.

i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
@ Neosys.

Which SQL script do i need for this, i cant find it.

@ frendel

It doesn't work, you need to give up the place where the information is taken.
Like if you want to display the Username than you have to replace somewhere tblComputersystem.Description with tblComputers.Username.
But the question is where ?
i.kulgu wrote:
@ frendel

Like if you want to display the Username than you have to replace somewhere tblComputersystem.Description with tblComputers.Username.

If you look at what I said, it clearly stated that we changed the stored procedure "Web30computers" and changed the 2nd value in the select statement to be "tblComputers.Username".

The rest is in the it-alldomain.aspx file to which I listed all changes made in there.
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
frendel wrote:
i.kulgu wrote:
@ frendel

If you look at what I said, it clearly stated that we changed the stored procedure "Web30computers" and changed the 2nd value in the select statement to be "tblComputers.Username".

The rest is in the it-alldomain.aspx file to which I listed all changes made in there.

Can't find web30computers procedure anywhere ... can you tell me the exact place ?
i.kulgu wrote:
frendel wrote:
i.kulgu wrote:
@ frendel

Can't find web30computers procedure anywhere ... can you tell me the exact place ?

You have to go right into the database. We use Microsoft SQL server management to do that as we have other SQL databases we maintain. If you don't have something that can do that, you would have to find something. If you don't know what you are doing when it comes to SQL, I wouldn't start messing around. As far as I'm aware, there's no way to do it in the Lansweeper GUI.

If/when you do get something to change the database, you just have to find the proper stored procedure in the database and change the proper area. Can't really explain more than that as each setup can be different as well as each way to access the sql database can be different.
frendel
Engaged Sweeper
Just tested this. Pretty simple solution. I believe that stored procedure is "Web30Computers". I just changed the 2nd value from where it was grabbing the description to be "tblComputers.Username". So We no longer have description but the last/current user to login to that computer. Save that stored procedure (execute) and then open up the it-alldomain.aspx file and scroll down to line 53 which should read the following...

"<td valign="middle" class="tblcell">Description</td>"

and change it to

"<td valign="middle" class="tblcell">Username</td>"

Then, scroll down to line 71 which should be the following...

"<td class="lef"><%if myrow("thestate") <> 1 then%><span class="disa"><%else%><span><%end if%><%=myrow("thedescription") %>&nbsp;</span></td>"

and change it to

"<td class="lef"><%if myrow("thestate") <> 1 then%><span class="disa"><%else%><span><%end if%><%=myrow("Username") %>&nbsp;</span></td>"

What you are left with is the description column gone and you see the user that was last grabbed on that computer. Might not be 100% acurate as if you have computers that idle for awhile without people using them or other things where it can't scan it, it will show a wrong value. But it's pretty close for us.

Hope this helps.
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
You could copy and paste the actual report SQL script into a new one and then edit/costumize it to your needs
by replacing the Description field for the username (in relation with the PC name or ip fields)
Groupe Rodeus